The Advisory Committee for the Disabled is led by Chairperson Ramón Gálvez-Arango, the committee meets five times each year and holds five Dances for Adults with Disabilities each year. The dances are held at The Center at Founders Village and have grown to over 170 participants plus guests. For more information on our dances check the city’s website at fountainvalley.org. Along with the dances, an Awards program was developed in 2006 to recognized local businesses and employees for their outstanding advocacy to residents with disabilities; we chose October to recognize recipients since it is National Disability Awareness Month.
The Advisory Committee for the Disabled honored people and businesses at the October 16th City Council Meeting during the National Disability Awareness Month.
Those recognized include:
- Dr. Lisa Kato’s Dental Office; recognized was Dr. Lisa Kato and her staff, Julia Moore, and Kristin Nelson.
- Dr. Jay Aschenberg from Fountain Valley Chiropractic
- Beth Hambelton from MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center
- Debby Becket from Hyundai
- Akira Fukuda from Japan Martial Arts Center
- T.J. Maxx