ALL FIREWORKS, INCLUDING "SAFE AND SANE" FIREWORKS, ARE ILLEGAL in the City of Fountain Valley. Anyone caught possessing fireworks will be cited with the appropriate municipal code or Health and Safety code and the fireworks will be confiscated. Due to COVID-19, most of the Fourth of July Fireworks shows have been canceled. There are a few cities in the County that are planning fireworks displays. Some cities will be streaming the shows live on their website. You can find more information here - Fourth of July in OC.
There are only 10 cities in Orange County allowing the sale and use of State Fire Marshal approved, Safe & Sane fireworks.
- Buena Park
- Costa Mesa
- Garden Grove
- Huntington Beach
- Santa Ana
- Villa Park
All fireworks can present a danger and cause thousands of burns and eye injuries every year. Find a public display to stream online with your family this weekend, leave the fireworks to the experts. If you live in a city that allows Safe & Sane Fireworks, please remember the following:
- The Safe & Sane Fireworks must contain the State Fire Marshal approved seal as shown above
- Light fireworks one at a time, outside and away from vehicles , homes and flammable materials.
- Never relight a firework
- Have a bucket of water and a hose nearby to soak fireworks before throwing them in a trash can
- Never throw fireworks
- Do not allow children to handle fireworks - sparklers can hold a temperature of 1200 degrees or higher
- In case of accidental burns, run cool water over the burn and call 911.
- In case of an eye injury, do not rub, touch or rinse the eye. Call 911
Finally, please refrain from calling 911 to report fireworks unless you have a specific address and are witnessing someone actually lighting fireworks. You can call the non-emergency line for FVPD, 714-593-4485, if you need assistance with a non-emergency fireworks call.
Please celebrate responsibly and have a great holiday!