To help prevent Christmas tree fires, follow these simple instructions:
- Fill the tree stand with water every day
- Make sure the tree is at least 3 feet from any heat source like heaters, candles and/or lamps
- Always turn the tree lights off or unplug them
- Replace lights that have worn or broken cords/loose bulb connections
- Remove your tree immediately after the holiday
Keeping a dry tree is like inviting a forest fire into your home. Christmas tree fires are likely to be serious and deadly. Be sure you have smoke alarms on every level of your home, especially inside and outside sleeping areas. Remember to test your smoke alarms and tell guests about your fire escape plan. Following these tips will help ensure you have a fire free, happy holiday season!