Effective February 16, universal masking will only be required in certain settings. Unvaccinated persons will be required to continue masking in all indoor public settings, while fully vaccinated individuals are recommended to continue indoor masking.
As part of the State’s updated masking guidance, masks will continue to be required for all individuals in the following indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status:
• On public transit (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation)
• Emergency shelters and cooling and heating centers
• Healthcare settings
• State and local correctional facilities and detention centers
• Homeless shelters
• Long term care settings
• Adult and senior care facilities
• Indoors in K-12 schools and childcare settings
Additionally, masks will be required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public). For full details about the State’s updated mask guidance, click here.
The CDC has updated its guidance on COVID-19 booster shots and additional doses for people who are moderate to severely immunocompromised, including recommendations for people who received the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine as well as updated time intervals between doses. The OC Health Care Agency has an updated infographic to help you understand all of the information about boosters and additional doses. Click here to view and download the information.