The original item was published from October 27, 2020 8:29 AM to October 29, 2020 3:00 PM
Please note – All programs and services below are currently being held virtually in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information or to obtain login/registration information, please contact The Center at Founders Village at (714) 593-4446.
Art on a Box Program Launches November 1
The City of Fountain Valley is proud to host a Utility Art Box Program, “Art on a Box,” as part of a beautification project to promote local artists, local history, and create a sense of community engagement, civic pride and heritage. The program supports the creation of public art by sponsoring artists to improve the visual aesthetics and invigorate utility boxes in public right-of-way streets by turning City-owned utility cabinets into a canvas for art.
The program will officially launch on November 1, 2020, with a Call for Artists. Look for more information on our social media pages!
Senior Social Services, Information, and Referral Program to Launch November 1
The Center at Founders Village is excited to share that the City of Fountain Valley has partnered with Fresh Beginnings Ministries to launch an information and referral program for seniors. The program will officially start November 1, with individual and group counseling being offered to qualifying seniors at no cost. Look at the monthly newsletter, “The Center Piece,” for more information and to meet the partners who will provide these services to Fountain Valley seniors.
Round Table Discussion with Jane
Are you looking for a virtual social group that will allow you the opportunity to discuss relevant topics in today’s world? Then join Jane Herin on the first and third Friday of each month, beginning November 6, at 10 a.m. to participate!
Bloomin’ Zoomin’ Speaker Series
- Tuesday, 11/3/2020 @ 10 a.m.
Tuesday, 11/10/2020 @ 10 a.m.
- Identifying Stroke Warning Signs - Presented by Kaiser Medicare Group
- Join Kaiser Medicare Group as they present on ways to help you identify the warning signs of a stroke. Don’t miss this potential life-saving information seminar!
Tuesday, 11/17/2020 @ 10 a.m.
- Medicare 101 Presentation – Presented by Optum
- Join us and learn the basics of Medicare and how to get health care you can depend on at an affordable price. The educational presentation topics include; Medicare eligibility, Medicare Parts A, B, C & D, Medicare Advantage plans, and more. Get the confidence you need to make the right decision for your health!
General Presentations to Promote:
- Energy Future – Presented by SoCalGas
- What’s in store in the future of energy? Join us on Tuesday, 11/17 to find out what the future of energy has in store and help us prepare to adapt!
Cooking Demo with Optum Health Enhancement: Monday, November 9 @ 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Looking for an easy healthy breakfast option? Join Erin Frost, Health Educator with Optum Medical group, for a virtual cooking demonstration for overnight oats! Overnight oats are a new take on the staple breakfast item. You can prepare them the night before and grab and go in the morning. Learn more about the importance of fiber in keeping you full and following your hunger cues throughout the day.
Painting Class: Monday November 16 @ 10 am - 11 am
Discover ways to unwind and express your creative side through your very own masterpiece! All you need is color pencils, or watercolors and paper. Our instructor will take you step by step in creating your artwork. The art class includes discussion of artistic principles, art history, and drawing lessons that will be the foundation for you to apply your colors.