If you have pets, it's likely that you know how they'll react during this time of year. It's of great importance for you to take steps now to prepare, protect, and safeguard them.
The July 4th holiday is the time of year that results in more pets being lost than any other time of the year. Now is the time to focus on Fireworks Safety for your pets. It's important to ensure that your pet is properly ID’d with a microchip and a collar tag.
Here are some additional pet safety tips:
- Keep your pet indoors to protect them from noise and they won’t go missing.
- Give your pet everything it needs, especially if you’re going to be away from home and leave your pet inside.
- Create a safe space in their favorite spot – but not a crate.
- Watch your pet carefully, especially if you’re going to be outside.
- Ask your vet for help if you have a nervous or sensitive pet. He/She might be able to recommend a pet safe medication to help reduce your pets anxiety.