On January 9, construction commenced on this much anticipated project which vastly enhanced and modernized the exterior of the City’s highly used Recreation Center.
This $950,000 project provided exterior upgrades to the antiquated 1970’s building with a more modern and vibrant exterior. The project included the following improvements:
- New entry way with stone veneer, new archway, and patterned concrete as well as new doors and storefront windows
- New storefront windows and doors around the building perimeter
- Exterior wall modifications for enhanced aesthetics
- Stucco repair and painting around the entire building perimeter, including re-painting of the handball courts with anti-graffiti paint
- Removal of current wood shingles and replacement with colored sheet metal roofing similar to other buildings in the park
- Installation of sports figures on exterior wall and new signage
The new improvements are an added asset to a building which has and will continue to provide vital programs to the community for many years to come.