The original item was published from May 18, 2018 8:59 AM to May 29, 2018 12:25 PM
Here are a few reminders to make your trash collection day as efficient as possible:
- Trash carts should be placed out for collection before 6 a.m. on collection days, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before collection day.
- The wheels of the cart should touch the curb face. A minimum of 12” between the carts is required to allow them to be collected.
- Trash carts need to be stored away from public view as soon as possible after collection, and no later than 9 p.m. the day of collection.
- Carts should be stored in a garage, trash enclosure, or in the side yard and away from public view.
- When washing out a trash, recycling, or green waste cart, wash and rinse the cart on the grass. Do not allow the waste water to be discharged to the gutter. Discharging waste water to the gutter will allow the pollution to be carried through the storm drain system to the ocean and protected wetlands.
Have a Large Item Pick-up? Residential households can schedule up to 10 large item pickups up to 4 times a year through Republic Services. For large item pickups, please call Republic Services at (714) 847-3581.
Have a Damaged Trash Cart? For replacement trash carts and containers, please call Republic Services at (714) 847-3581.
For any more questions regarding trash collection, please contact the City of Fountain Valley’s Public Works Department at (714) 593-4433.