On January 9, 2018, construction commenced on this much anticipated project which will vastly enhance and modernize the exterior of the City’s highly used recreation center.
This $600,000 project will give a face lift to the antiquated 1970s building with a more modern and vibrant exterior. The project, slated to be complete this summer, includes the following improvements:
- New entry way with stone veneer, new archway, as well as new doors and storefront windows
- New storefront windows and doors around the building perimeter
- Exterior wall modifications for enhanced aesthetics
- Stucco repair and painting
- Removal of current wood shingles and replacement with metal roofing similar to other buildings in the park
- Installation of sports figures on exterior wall and new signage
The new improvements will be an added asset to a building which has and will continue to provide vital programs to the community for many years to come.