Advisory Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- The 1st Thursday of odd-number months (Dark in July)
- The Center at Founders Village
Community & Senior Center
17967 Bushard St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- The first Friday of even-number months (unless otherwise stated)
- February Dance will take place on February 10th, 2023
- Location: Center at Founders Village Senior & Community Center - 17967 Bushard St. Fountain Valley
- Who can Attend? The event is open to adults, ages 18+ (Do NOT need to be a FV Resident)
- Cost: $1 per person, cash paid at the door
- What is included? DJ, dancing, refreshments, raffle & fun!
- No RSVP required
- *All CDC Covid Guidelines will be followed
2023 Awards Program
The City of Fountain Valley Advisory Committee for Persons with Disabilities, comprised of City residents, is searching for individuals and/or businesses that provide outstanding support and service to person with disabilities.
Examples of past award recipients:
- Fountain Valley businesses that customarily employ persons with disabilities
- Fountain Valley businesses that are disability friendly
- Residents that volunteer services to companies providing services for persons with disabilities
Three ways to nominate
- Visit Fountainvalley.org to complete ONLINE FORM & submit
- Email PDF Form to FVAdvisoryCommittee@fountainvalley.org
- Drop off or Mail PDF form to Center at Founders Village
- Attn. Jenni Worsham
- 17967 Bushard St. Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Congratulations to our 2022 Award Winners
- AMUSE Foundation - AMUSE4Autism
- Laura Doyle - Marie Calendar's Restaurant & Bakery
- Karla Cota
- Salvation Army Thrift Store & Donation Center
Highlighting members of Fountain Valley community who make a difference!
- January 2021- Rachel Osterbach
- February 2021 - Dean Becket
- January 2022 - Terry Coakley
- April 2022 – Scott Quinlan
- July 2022 - Kayla Borack
- November 2022 - Herman Ajamian
Herman Jack Ajamian
Herman Jack Ajamian has resided in the City of Fountain Valley for almost forty years. He attended Arizona State University, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture & Design. While attending ASU, he was assigned a project that required him to be confined to a wheelchair for an entire day. It was then that he realized how critical accessibility was for every person. Since then, it has been his goal to make projects accessible, whether required or not, and in the end, to do everything in his power to make building as accessible as possible for those with disabilities. As the owner of a boutique architecture and design firm, @kobra_design, he believes that “just because something isn’t required doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done.”
Herman lives in Fountain Valley with his wife and three children and has been a member of the City of Fountain Valley Advisory Committee for Persons with Disabilities since 2015. He applied for the Committee equipped with an extensive knowledge of the ADA, multiple versions of building codes and Herman is also a former member of the City of Fountain Valley Planning Commission.
- John Borack, Chair
- Susanne Seiden, Vice Chair
- Herman Ajamian
- Kayla Borack
- Ramon Galvez-Arango
- Richard King
- Philip A. Nisco
- Scott Quinlan
- Leonard Santoro
- Nora B.K. Webb
- Jan Werts
The committee’s primary function and responsibilities are:
- Assist the various departments in the implementation of specific guidelines for accessible facilities
- Facilitate the development of recreational programs useable by the disabled
- Provide information concerning special recreation equipment
- To facilitate the development of barrier-free buildings and facilities within the city
- Work with various levels of education on the development and implementation programs to assure maximum integration for disabled students in such programs and to develop community awareness of the employment potentials of the disabled population
Become a Member
Apply to become a member of this committee by filling out the application (PDF).