Advisory Committee for Persons with Disabilities
- The 1st Thursday of odd-number months (Dark in July)
- The Center at Founders Village
Community & Senior Center
17967 Bushard St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- 7:00PM to 9:00PM
- The first Friday of even-number months (unless otherwise stated)
- Location: Center at Founders Village Senior & Community Center - 17967 Bushard St. Fountain Valley
- Who can Attend? The event is open to adults, ages 18+ (Do NOT need to be a FV Resident)
- Cost: $1 per person, cash paid at the door
- What is included? DJ, dancing, refreshments, raffle & fun!
- No RSVP required
- *All CDC Covid Guidelines will be followed
Highlighting members of Fountain Valley community who make a difference!
- January 2021- Rachel Osterbach
- February 2021 - Dean Becket
- January 2022 - Terry Coakley
- April 2022 – Scott Quinlan
2022 Awards Program
We are searching for individuals and/or companies that provide outstanding support and service to persons with disabilities.
THREE EASY WAYS TO NOMINATE:
1. Complete online form below
2022 Awards Nomination Online Form - CLICK HERE
2. Download PDF, complete manually and return by email, mail or drop off at the Center at Founder’s Village
Downloadable Nomination PDF Form
Congratulations to our 2021 Award Winners:
- Albertsons (Location - 18579 Brookhurst St)
- Mel's Diner
- Paul's Coffee Shop
- Pet Supply
- John Borack, Chair
- Susanne Seiden, Vice Chair
- Herman Ajamian
- Kayla Borack
- Ramon Galvez-Arango
- Richard King
- Philip A. Nisco
- Scott Quinlan
- Leonard Santoro
- Nora B.K. Webb
- Jan Werts
The committee’s primary function and responsibilities are:
- Assist the various departments in the implementation of specific guidelines for accessible facilities
- Facilitate the development of recreational programs useable by the disabled
- Provide information concerning special recreation equipment
- To facilitate the development of barrier-free buildings and facilities within the city
- Work with various levels of education on the development and implementation programs to assure maximum integration for disabled students in such programs and to develop community awareness of the employment potentials of the disabled population
Become a Member
Apply to become a member of this committee by filling out the application (PDF).