Business in Fountain Valley
Banner Permit Application - A temporary banner permit is required to hang a banner on a building for a maximum of 60 days. The banner must be removed for a minimum of 30 days before another temporary banner permit can be issued.
COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES
State of California: https://covid19.ca.gov
State of California, Governor’s Office of Economic Development: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
U.S. Small Business Administration: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
Employer & Employee Resources:
- See how the “Families First Coronavirus Response Act” Impacts Businesses
- Federal OSHA Guidance on preparing for COVID-19 in the workplace
- CA Employment Development Department website with resources for workers & employers
- Guidance for Businesses & Employers from the SBA
- CA Labor & Workforce Development Agency with Information for Workers & Employers
- Federal IRS Guidelines and CA Franchise Tax Board Information on Tax Relief during the Coronavirus outbreak
- The CDCs Resources for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- 10 Reasons to Stay Calm from The Conversation
- SBDC Employer Resource Guide
- Interim Guidance from the CDC for Businesses & Employers
- Postmates has offered a Small Business Relief Pilot for restaurants transitioning to take out options
- 8-Point Plan for Restaurants & Hospitality Employers
Fountain Valley is a nice place to live, work, play, and do business! The City of Fountain Valley strives to be a business friendly city and is home to approximately 57,000 residents and over 2,400 service, retail, and industrial businesses that call the city home.
We welcome new businesses to our community so to assist you in determining if our community is the right location for your business, we have created the Fountain Valley Economic Resource Guide with data on our demographic, traffic counts, employers, and quality of life.
We also created a new economic development website to better serve the business community. Please check out the website and let us know what you think via email.
Retention & Attraction
Much of the city's approach to business retention and attraction focuses on a pro-business environment. Staff actively seeks open communication with businesses and community regarding areas of interest and concern. We encourage all existing businesses and prospects to contact the city at (714) 593-4412 with any questions or concerns.
2020-2021 SHOPPING CENTER AND RETAIL GUIDE
Insight Fountain Valley Market Analytics 2020
Fountain Valley Economic Development Plan
Commercial Property and Business Improvement Program
Hotel Incentive Program
Small Format Restaurants Information Marketing Flyer
Finding the Perfect Space
Businesses can also utilize us as a resource for finding the perfect space. We have data on most local vacant buildings up for lease and sale. If you are looking to locate/relocate or expand your business in the city, you can search for vacancies by going to this link.
Property owners and/or brokers interested in listing your vacancies, please email your listing to Maggie Le.