City Manager's Page
2019 Fountain Valley
Fountain Valley is a nice place to live. It is a great motto to have but our Community will not settle on “nice” - here’s just a small sample of the many projects happening this year to make Fountain Valley even better!
- Complete renovation of the Commercial center at the corner of Brookhurst and Garfield. Check out the new stores like Grocery Outlet, Eco Town, and the Sprint Store. Restaurants, a Dentist, and a Hairdresser will be joining in soon.
- Full replacement of the Reservoir and Pump Station at Cordata Park
- Renovation of Mile Square Center at the corner of Brookhurst and Heil Ave
- Replacement of the playground at Allen Park
- A new SWAT truck for our Police force to replace our 29 year old truck
- This summer paving projects will include Newhope Street from Talbert to Warner and our “Quadrant H3, J1 and J2 neighborhood paving projects covering areas near Heil, Euclid, Warner, Harbor as well as the residential area East of Harbor and North of Edinger. We are thankful for Measure HH funding which helps us keep this valuable street paving program in place.
- The 405 widening project kicked off with the closure of Slater Bridge. Although inconvenient, it has been pleasantly surprising the lack of traffic congestion that has occurred to date. That being said this is the first year of a five-year project so we do want to remain connected to the OCTA website for updates as to the project status. The bridge is projected to be completed and reopened by Labor Day.
- Be prepared that shortly after Labor Day, the Talbert and Bushard bridges will come fully down to be replaced over the next 12 months.
- We have now kicked off the 2 plus year General Plan process that will involve many community meetings, a Citizen filled Advisory Council, a consulting team and our City Planning staff working together to complete an update of our General Plan which will set the foundation for how our City develops over the next 20 years.
- Economic Development conversations are ongoing throughout our community including within the area known as “the Crossings”. This area south of Talbert and east of Ward is seeing a number of development conversations occur as property owners determine if they want to redevelop their properties using the new planning overlay guidelines that the City Council passed earlier this year. Expect to see “Planet Granite”, a new climbing center begin operation sometime in the fall of this year at a building on Newhope just south of Talbert.
- Remember Summerfest happens from June 20th to 23rd this year – see you all there!
Fountain Valley City Manager