- Fraud Hotline
About the Fraud Hotline
The City of Fountain Valley is committed to ensuring accountability and integrity. We take pride in our employees and the high quality services we provide to the community.
The Fraud Hotline is designed for reporting suspected cases of fraud that has a financial impact on the City, including but not limited to theft, waste or abuse of city resources. Examples include:
- Theft of City property, such as inventory or supplies
- Using City property for personal use
- Accepting a bribe, kickback, or illegal gratuity
How to Report
If you have an issue or concern to report, use our independent third-party anonymous and confidential reporting service. You will need our Company ID (FVCA) when reporting incidents or concerns.
Here’s how to report:
- Online: reports can be submitted at www.fraudHL.com 24-hours a day using the secure online reporting form
- Phone or Fax: call or fax the toll-free number 1-855-FRAUD-HL
We review all tips and take appropriate action.
For every tip we receive, we conduct preliminary fact-finding and case analysis to determine if there is sufficient basis to undertake in-depth investigation. For every case, we can take one of the following courses of action:
- Conduct our own investigation: We investigate a case directly, depending on the severity and nature of the allegation and available resources.
- Request an audit by an independent third-party: Depending on the nature and severity of the allegation an independent third-party (e.g. audit firm, etc.) will investigate the allegation.
- Request an outside agency to review the tip: Allegations that do not fall under the jurisdiction of the City are referred to a county, state or federal agency for investigation. Examples of this include credit card fraud, welfare fraud, unemployment fraud, mail fraud, etc.
- Close a case if it lacks merit or sufficient information: Because cases can be made anonymously, we do not always receive sufficient information to thoroughly investigate. In other instances, the case may lack merit to continue. We will close such cases during the initial review.